Wednesday, June 07, 2006

World Cup podcast goes live

I did warn you that there would be the odd reference to the World Cup on this blog over the next few weeks...so here's a plug for the World Cup podcast I've put together with two colleagues on the this is website team, Simon Delaney and Ste Ashworth.

Simon and Ste are fairly upbeat about England's chances, with or without Wayne Rooney, so it's left to me to bring a bit of balance and perspective, notably over Sven's bizarre decision to take only four forwards, one of whom is injured, one of whom is not 100pc match-fit, and another of which has never started a Premiership match.

You can hear the podcast by clicking here and following the links.

My hot World Cup tips: Winners: Argentina. Star player: Juan Roman Riquelme. Surprise package: Australia. England's prospects: Semi finalists. Venue of choice for watching the games: The Rifleman's Arms, Bridge Street, Belper, Derbyshire.

1 comment:

Gareth said...

I'll be sure to listen. Just one question though; where does the name 'Ste' come from? It's a new one to me.