Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Spot the difference

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Matthew 28, vv 18-20


"Whatever you do, I'm always with you. Head and heart. You've given me all I have ever achieved, and all that we've achieved, together, for the country. Next year I won't be making this speech. But, in the years to come, wherever I am, whatever I do. I'm with you. Wishing you well. Wanting you to win. You're the future now. Make the most of it."

Tony Blair, 26 September 2006

unique visitors counter

5 comments:

Croydonian said...

Beyond excruciating. As a religious man, Blair ought to be utterly ashamed himself.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he's only pretending. Politicians do fib, sometimes.

Especially this one.

Richard Bailey said...

Heck! You paid attention in Scripture!

Having decided long ago that I am not a TB "believer", I now find it fascinating to watch other people fall under his spell. We are such succours for good oratory.

How does the arrogant, patronising, superior git get away with it? Why do we let him?

Davide Simonetti said...

I thought I'd heard that soundbite before.

Anonymous said...

This is scary.

Jesus said he would come back, but hasn't.

Tony has not said he will come back...