Thursday, June 26, 2008

And now for something completely different

An old friend of mine recently made me very envious by taking a three-month sabbatical from his job and using some of the time to drive across the United States. I was delighted to discover he has also started a blog in which he shares his experiences of the journey.

It's an anonymous blog so I won't use his name here, but he is in fact the Anglican vicar who married Gill and I nearly seven years ago, someone who has been one of the greatest and most positive influences on me in my Christian life over the past decade or so.

The blog, entitled Honk If You're Lonely, is part travelogue, part spiritual diary, and is as fascinating and inspirational as its author's perfectly-crafted sermons. If you're into that sort of thing, you can read it HERE.

free web site hit counter

2 comments:

Ben said...

Grammar!

'...who married Gill and I ...'

Unknown said...

Good to see it mentioned here, Paul.

If I had any way of getting the message to the man himself, I'd post a link to this to him. I think he'd appreciate it ... one blogger to another.


Oli.